Monday, June 25, 2007

Meeting Marni


When Marni and I learned that we were both headed to Florida right around the same time, we decided that it would be a perfect time for a blogger meetup. Marni had read my post about JF's favorite Orlando eatery, we arranged to meet there for dinner and a chat.

We had a great time meeting Marni, her husband, her two great kids, and her father, the irrepressible Coffeypot, and Marni's stepmother, Sweet Tea. I didn't get to talk with Coffeypot all that much, but we did manage to joke through mouthfuls of pizza. We laughed a lot, even though our dinner was over all too soon. I was worried that something would happen, and our meeting would fall through, but it came off without a hitch!

In this picture, Marni is secretly worried that I am a psycho killer out to terrorize her family. She's only partially right. I probably *did* terrorize them to some extent, but they all survived our meeting, and were unharmed when we parted. And I have alibis for the rest of the week.

6 comments:

Marni said...

What a great picture! We did have a good time, didn't we? I'm ready to head back for more of that pizza.

Coffeypot said...

I thought it was great to meet you three, too. Maybe next time you to blabber mouths will let me say something besides "Pass the salt."

Coffeypot said...

Sorry! That should have been "two blabber mouths" not "to".

KLee said...

Yes, Dad. sorry! :)

ccw said...

Lucky you!

It looks and sounds like you had a great time.

jo(e) said...

You both look like you are having fun!