I don't know how much longer I could have survived, but I'm very pleased that I didn't have a meltdown, and am now free to enjoy my nine days off with very little thought of school.
Because I am already in vacation mode, I have nothing better to offer you than random bullets. Hopefully, the time off will give me plenty of time to come up with some kind of actual content that people care to read. Because while I truly love the two of you that have been commenting lately, I am vain enough that I want more people to validate my existence.
*Incidentally, yes -- I DO think blogs are vanity to a point. I think that we all want our "stories" read -- that's why we put them out there. It matters not whether they're about our own lives, or our kids, or what have you. Not that I think all blogging or bloggers are the type of train-wreck kind of vain. It's like an actor's type of vanity. You have to be willing to get yourself up on that stage and be seen by all those people. That's all. Not the "I'm so in love with myself, everyone MUST be completely curious about every little thing I do, down to the number of times I sneeze a day." Though there ARE blogs like that out there. And, I read some of those, too. I'm a glutton for punishment.
*Dad is still in the hospital. He's having a hard time breathing, and is having sporadic episodes of atrial fibrillation (chambers of the heart beating erratically and out of sync with each other) when he gets up to do his required walking. I'm content with him staying in the hospital until he feels more secure about going home, but I'm not so sure that he's as on board with that plan as I am. Or his insurance company, for that matter.
* I am a total doofus. (You all already knew that, so I shall expound on my doofosity.) I cooked dinner the other night, spattering oil all over my shirt in the process. In order to get the stains out, I put a load of laundry into the washer, including that shirt, and started it. That same load of laundry has been sitting, growing funkier by the second, in the washer since Wednesday. Duh. Am now rewashing the entire load, with some bleach for handy germ-killing power.
* We went to Big Bookstore last night, and I selected about seven new novels about the Tudor time period (my particular favorite), and settled down in an easy chair near the windows. There was a man there who occupied the other chair, madly scribbling away in notebooks. He had piles of notebooks around him, all covered with cramped, spidery writing. He looked like he would have been more comfortable in a library, sprawled out over an entire table. Offspring joined me with books of her own to read. We were quiet, making an occasional comment to each other, sotto voce, but the gentleman with the notebooks often cracked himself up at whatever he was writing. It was very disconcerting.
* JF has been visiting the gym lately, in an effort to buff himself out. He's looking very good. (Though I thought he looked good before the workouts....) He is also enjoying the coach who rides the weightlifters under his training. There's nothing so enjoyable, apparently, as watching the suffering of others as you work out.
* I got an email from an old friend the other day, one whom I haven't seen in a while. It was nice that she was able to find me, but with recent incidences on the blogosphere, I'm wondering just how accessible I really make myself. And, it's not a pretty thought. Most of you know who and where I am, and I'm okay with that. It's just those nutjobs out there that worry me. I don't mind being found by the nice people, but the freaky people? That's another thing entirely.
* Coming up this summer, I'm slated for a first for me -- a blogger meet up! I can't wait. I'm hoping that plans continue to stay as they are, because I will be totally bummed if they fall through.
That's about it for me. I will try to come up with something pithy to say. And when that fails, I'll try to have something at least mildly diverting.
Cats Vs. Window Blinds
1 hour ago