Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Lunch with Liz


I did survive the weekend birthday party, though I have no really good stories to tell. We ended up not going to the beach because the jellyfish were terrible, so we just went to a neighbor's pool. A fun time was had by all. No fights, though everyone got pretty sloshed. (Not me.)

It's a good thing I didn't party myself too hard because Liz was visiting a relative not too far from where I live, so we arranged to meet up for lunch today. Hooray -- blogger meetup!

Liz is a bundle of infectious laughter and has a smile a mile wide. I was a little thrown at first, because I was expecting a short-haired Liz, but she showed up with this gorgeous, long, curling hair. We had a great time talking as we ate. I chose a cafe that had things for the little guys, thinking of things that Muffin Man would enjoy as we dined. Unfortunately, Muffin Man's grandma didn't want to share, and he stayed home with her. Boo. :) So, Liz, Offspring, and I sat outside overlooking the water for lunch. After lunch, we got an ice cream to cool off. Among many of the other reasons that I knew I liked Liz, she ordered chocolate ice cream. After tasting, she sighed with pleasure, leaned back in her chair and said, "Nectar of the Gods." A soul sister to be sure.

We talked about our families, Disney World, school (both hers and mine), books, and all sorts of stuff. Unfortunately, all things must come to an end, and we left each other much sooner than I would have liked. Liz is truly a wonderful person, and I'm so fortunate to not only have her as a blog friend, but now as actual, in-the-flesh friend. I can't wait until she visits again, and I hope that one day, I have the chance to be up in her neighborhood.

** Liz graciously allowed me to take this picture for the blog. She does not show her face on her own blog, so in order to help preserve her anonymity, I am not linking back to her place. Most of you know who Liz is anyway, and know how to find her.

11 comments:

Jenevieve said...

Wow, sounds fantastic!

I almost had a chance to meet Liz (and APL) one time, but it didn't work out. Now I'm even more sad about that!

jo(e) said...

Oh, I am so glad you took a photo! I love seeing what bloggers look like.

I'd like to meet both of you.

Marni said...

it is so nice to put a face with a name! she looks like a lot of fun...

ccw said...

I was wondering why I was seeing her face. So happy you got to post this picture. You both look so happy!

I am jealous that I did not make it down. Maybe I can cajole liz to visit when we attend the wedding?

Yankee T said...

Color me JEALOUS. You are both people I know I would love IRL as much as I do in the 'sphere.

Excellent photo.
XOXO to you both.

Phantom Scribbler said...

I am *so* OMG! Ponies! to see a picture of you guys together. Teh cuteness! And, yes, Liz, that hair! I am jealous!!!

Liz Miller said...

I had a seriously great time with the two of you.

What KLee didn't mention is how poised and funny her daughter is.

purple_kangaroo said...

How wonderful. You both have so much lovely character in your faces--I love it!

Miche said...

Jealous of the bloggy playdate!

Sue said...

How lovely!!! I'm glad you had a day together. A tad jealous, yes, but glad.

susan said...

What beautiful smiles! sounds like a great day.