Friday, February 16, 2007

Sick and Tired

Offspring shared her illness with me. Normally, I encourage sharing, but this is not one of the instances where I find myself pleased that she's done so. I got sent home from school yesterday. Apprarently, I looked ghastly enough that they just sent me home without me having to even see the school nurse -- my temp was 102 when I got home. I slept from about 2pm until 6:30pm, when my loving husband woke me up for dinner. He'd done the dishes *and* cooked, letting me sleep all the while. Today was supposed to be a work day for staff, but I was told to stay home today as well, and found that when I woke up this morning, I felt entirely too awful to face actually getting dressed and puttering aound in the classroom all day. So, I called in, and went back to bed.

It's slightly ironic that I had previously posted about Offspring being sick, and that I liked the laziness of her sick days, and here I am - at home in bed on a sick day of my own, hacking my lungs out and not enjoying it in the slightest.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh dear. Have a fresh box of tissue and some lemon tea. (Or not, if you hate lemon tea!)

I hope you feel better soon. Though, you have to admit, it feels good to stay home (even sick) once in a while, eh?

(And gotta love JF for cooking and cleaning! Woot!)

Sue said...

Aw. I hope you feel better soon.

ccw said...

Get well!!

Jenevieve said...

A pity, isn't it, when some of the only days where we have any real excuse for escaping the world are the days we are least able to enjoy such an escape! When I had crypto, I had a full week off from school and I couldn't read, or blog, or watch movies. I could only lay staring at the wall, wretched.

I hope you are feeling better. I recommend ice water with lemon and nibbling on matzoh. It helps me when I'm feverish.

Yankee, Transferred said...

Sorry you felt lousy Friday. Hope you're on the mend.

Karyn said...

Girl - feel better soon! oxoxox