Thursday, November 09, 2006

Oh, How I Love Ye, Days Off From Work

I shouldn't be so glad to get away from doing something that I love so much, should I? I really do cherish those days when I *don't* have to hit the ground running, though. Of course, these days, it's not so much "running" as it is "shuffling, zombie-like, as quickly to the toilet as humanly possible first thing in the morning."

But, since we're observing Veterans Day tomorrow, we have a school holiday. Unlike last year, I might add, when the powers that run our school system put that day *back* on our school calendar to make up for a hurricane day. Local veterans were highly cheesed off by that less-than-stunning move. I can't say as I blame them.

At any rate, tomorrow will be chockablock with all those chores that have to be done during the week -- taking some forms to a downtown office, visiting the Girl Scout store, and various mundanities of that ilk.

If I'm ultra-productive, I may even get some laundry done! (Isn't my life positively scintillating?)

3 comments:

Liz Miller said...

Have fun!

molly said...

I'm all for taking your day off and doing something completely frivolous with it! Sleep late & refuse to do anything even remotely useful. Enjoy your day. BTW, loved the holiday centerpiece.

Yankee, Transferred said...

Enjoy the day.