Saturday, September 02, 2006

Sorry I'm Late

Both Medieval Woman and Karyn tagged me for memes quite a long time ago, and being a total shlumpo, I told Karyn I'd do her meme, and then promptly forgot about it. Medieval Woman's meme, I read at her place, but completely missed the fact that she'd tagged me. So, to recap: I'm slow, a terrible friend, *and* not terribly observant.

I have yet to finish Karyn's meme, simply because I have to at least attempt to be witty. So, I'm still working on that one. As you are all aware, it takes wit to be witty, and that's something that I have to work at. Unlike the venerable Dr. Dog, I do not possess that skill inherently, and must sweat bullets to approximate the appearance of ease. I *have* worked on Medieval Woman's Quote Meme, because it was much shorter. So, I have quickly slapped gathered some quotes together for your perusal.

The Quote Meme
---------------------

(Oh, and the idea behind this was to find 5 quotes at this location that you felt encompassed who you were, and really spoke to people about you. Knowing that I am completely incapable of following directions, I have chosen 8 quotes because I loved them all. )

Beginning today, treat everyone you meet as if they were going to be dead by midnight. Extend them all the care, kindness and understanding you can muster. Your life will never be the same again.

Og Mandino (1923 - 1996), The Greatest Miracle in the World


You know that children are growing up when they start asking questions that have answers.

John J. Plomp


Everyone is born with genius, but most people only keep it a few minutes.

Edgard Varese (1883 - 1965)


I would rather not know how to write and have something to say than know how to write and have nothing to say.

Enrique Tessieri


For animals, the entire universe has been neatly divided into things to (a) mate with, (b) eat, (c) run away from, and (d) rocks.

Terry Pratchett, Equal Rites


For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.

Virginia Woolf (1882 - 1941)



I don't want to be a passenger in my own life.

Diane Ackerman

People are always asking me what my lyrics mean. Well I say what any decent poet would say if you dared ask him to analyse his work: if you see it, darling, then it's there.

Freddie Mercury (1946 - 1991)

1 comment:

Karyn said...

Don't be a dope - you're a great friend! And witty to boot. :) I'm not in the least upset - you'll get to things when you get to them, if you even WANT to get to them. No sweat.

But I'm totally doing this quote thing. :)