Sunday, September 24, 2006

Feel the Love

You all know of our struggle to free ourselves from the clutches of the allmighty El Diablo WalMarto. Know that we generally lose this struggle every week, because in our town, it's simply the cheapest place to buy groceries, their politics aside. Unfortunately, we are not so well-off that I can justify buying our groceries elsewhere and the loss of money that *would have* remained in our bank account should we shop elsewhere entails. (Did that last sentence make any sense?)

At any rate, my babbling aside, we headed to the Evil One this afternoon for groceries. My daughter has recently discovered that she can use a full quarter of a bottle of my body wash during a shower or bath, so I had to stop in the aisle where the body wash and soap reside until being purchased by other similarly cowed consumers. Now, I've mentioned before that I'm a creature of habit, and I'm unhappy to report that I have gone through several types of body wash recently that I had grown to love, and which were then summarily yanked from store shelves. Once they're no longer available, I have to search through all the other possible choices to find something that I can come to appreciate like my now-defunct products. It's truly a pain, and some of the things that are marketed -- yuck! They stink to high heaven. So, I look for something that's not overpowering with scent, and that will get me clean and not leave me smelling like a locker room after an intense game.

I am flitting from bottle to bottle, smelling each one, when suddenly I squeeze a bottle a little too tightly, and get a nose full of shower gel. Instead of being all sympathetic, Juggling Freak laughs his behind off at his loving wife who now has a snootful of dripping soap. So, now I have a soapy nose, a laughing husband and a burning sinus. But, at least I smell nice.

10 comments:

purple_kangaroo said...

Ouch! I do stuff like that, too--all too often.

Karyn said...

Gaaa! That is totally the kind of thing I would do.

Ok, the kind of thing I have done. Frequently.

What didja end up with?

And I appreciate your dilemma. It sucks when they pull your favorite thing from the shelf! Bastards!

Liz Miller said...

Been there and definitely done that. I tend to stick with the Nutragena or Dove products. They are less stinky perfume-y.

Marni said...

Oh, I HATE it when I do that!

Harmonia said...

Hello! Thought I would bop by and say hi! Hope your weekend was nice and your upcoming week even nicer! ;)

ccw said...

LOL! That is so something that I would do.

Anonymous said...

I ended up with a Suave product: Cotton Bloom and Orange Blossom. Not too heavy on the odor -- smells (to me) like clean clothes and a slight floral.

The one I had been smelling was an overpowering mixture that was supposed to smell like cookies, or some such stuff, but only ended up smelling like burnt oatmeal. It was awful.

Unknown said...

I did that once with hair conditioner! I felt like I couldn't get it all out for the rest of the day...

Anonymous said...

Hee! I've done that, but smell is really important to me!

Old Lady said...

You know, I have that same problem with soaps. Let me tell you what I like now so you can stock up-Cucumber Melon by Pond's. Zap it will be off the shelves by new year!