Saturday, September 10, 2005

What I'm up to, other than "no good."

I have been pretty quiet in the past few days, so I wanted to give all of you out there a look into what I'm doing. (Plus, I really need the content. :)

Since starting school and falling ill, I haven't really wanted to do much except come home and fall into the bed. Now that JF has the creeping crud as well, we can't seem to muster the energy to actually *do* much of anything.

I have read three books in the past four days:

1) Blind Alley by Iris Johansen. It combines my love of reading with two other passions -- forensics and archaeology. I won't spoil the book if any of you are interested, but the one of the main characters is a forensic sculptor, and I find that absolutely fascinating.

2) Murder at the Place of Anubis by Lynda S. Robinson. I love her whole Egyptian Mystery series, and I often go back and reread her works. This is about the fourth time I've read this one.

3) Body Double by Tess Gerritsen. It's another mystery/thriller. (Do you all see a pattern here?) Very interesting, and yet another crine book.

I read just about anything, but I'm currently on a mystery/crime fixation. I love books, and just recently told Halloweenlover that I thought we should start up some sort of book exchange. I would go broke buying books. Plus, I'm simply running out of space for all of them.

I also have gotten started on a new cross-stitch project -- this one is of a lighthouse at daybreak, and is destined for my mother at some point.

I have held my first meeting with my Girl Scout parents, and have been to the bank to open a checking account under my new troop number. I have arranged my paperwork for said troop for submission, and plan to maybe take a day off next week to get all that settled. I have laid my plans for my first meeting, and have some games already picked out. I have to venture out of my house sometime today or tomorrow to buy a Hula Hoop for said games.

I have watched a lot of things on my TiVo, including a couple of long-saved episodes of "Six Feet Under" and 1 episode of the new HBO series, "Rome." "Rome" was pretty good. Nice cinematography, but I fear I won't be as drawn to it as I was to "Six Feet Under." I am also watching "Wanted" on TNT. It's very gritty and violent. I like the fact that Lee Tergesen, who formerly starred in my favorite TV show ever, "Homicide: Life on the Street", has joined the cast. I am currently watching a show about the Holy Grail.

I'm spending time with my daughter. She impressed the socks off of me by giving all of the money she had to her school's effort for Katrina relief. It wasn't much money, but the fact that she gave it all from her heart, with no prompting from her father or me, goes to show that I think we're not doing such a bad job as parents. She also has pitched in around the house a lot more lately, spontaneously offering to help with the dishes, and cleaning her room without being asked.

I have been trying to pamper by poor husband a bit. He has gotten the crud, and has suffered with it a bit more than either Offspring or I did. He's being run ragged at work, and hasn't had the opportunity to loll in bed. So, I figure he needs a little TLC.

I hope all of you are well, and I hereby tender my apologies for not having something more witty or pithy to say. I just can't seem to work up my normal wit or vitriol. Everyone stay safe, and I'll see you when I'm feeling more human and less harrassed.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Heal up soon!

ccw said...

Hope everyone feels better soon! It sounds like you have had some enjoyable time to relax.

We have started watching Rome, also. It is good, but you are right, not as addictive as Six Feet Under. I really miss that show.

KLee said...

ccw -- I have the last four eps of SFU saved on my TiVo, and I have yet to watch them because I just don't want it to end. I've been staying away from them, hoping to make it last a little longer. I don't think it's working.

I will also admit to a very unhealthy addiction to HBO's former series "Oz" and the current (but not yet airing this season) "The Wire." I hope to one day get some help for my TV addictions.

Liz Miller said...

Get thee to a library and pick up all 7 of Josephine Tey's books. You won't regret it.

Big hugs.

purple_kangaroo said...

Awww, feel better, KLee's family--all of you! That't an order.

ccw said...

KLee, you sound like me. I have seen every episode of Oz and cried and cheered like a crazy person. We have also developed an unnatural fixation with "The Wire". Every time a new set comes on the on-demand, we watch it for 5 hours straight and then kick ourselves because we will have to wait a month for new episodes.

I don't blame you for trying to hold off on the SFU episodes. I, too, just wanted them all to keep on going. I want more.

Running2Ks said...

Oh please rest up and feel better soon.

Can I tell you--your daughter is amazing. What a lovely person you are raising!

halloweenlover said...

I responded to your 101 things before I saw this one! Yes yes! Lets do a book swap! I love murder mystery thriller books too. It is my vice. I can devour those books. Hmmm, I'll email you and we can discuss ; )