Phantom said I must meme, and since Phantom is Queen of the Cool Kids, I am her humble slave, and obey...
1. What is your first name? I can't give away my secret identity! Next, you'll want my address in Metropolis, too! Sheesh!
2. Were you named after anyone? Not that I'm aware of, but my father insists that my mother took my name from a movie she was watching. My mother counters "how would he know? He was tipping back beers while I strained to bring you into this world!"
3. Do you wish on stars? Star light, star bright, first star I see tonight....wish I may, wish I might....oh, damn. A satellite.
4. When did you last cry? The other night when I wrote out "the hardest truth."
5. Do you like your handwriting? No. I can only print. Well, I can sign my name in cursive, but I'm right-handed, and when I was 12, my right thumb was cut off in a car accident. I was rushed to the ER, where they reattached my thumb, but I had to learn to write all over again. I had some nerve endings die, so I still have reduced feeling in my thumb. Plus, I was lazy, and didn't practice writing cursive like my PT said I should. So, it looks all bonky, and I print everything. But, my print is pretty neat, so it's a tradeoff.
6. What is your favorite lunch meat? Roast beef. I love roast beef and provolone. After that, I'm really into oven-roasted turkey right now.
7. What is your most embarrassing CD? One that *I* own? Some of my daughter's make me cringe a bit, but I have to confess that I'm a HUGE 80's fan, and I have CDs (in my car, right now) of Duran Duran, Everything But the Girl, Glass Tiger, Marillion, and U2. I also just bought a cheesy "best of the 80s" compilation disc, and that's been getting some decent airtime.
8. If you were another person, would you be friends with you? Dunno. I would like to think so, but I'm never sure why people are friends with me now, so I guess I'm not the best one to answer this question.
9. Do you have a journal? Do you count the blog? If not, then no. Not anymore. I kept one in high school, and it was really painful to reread. So angsty. Erg.
10. Do you use sarcasm a lot? Does the pope poop in the woods?
11. What are your nicknames? Online, KLee (or Kayleigh, which was the original), and Amazon. In Real Life -- Mom, Ma, and Boo.
12. Would you bungee jump? If someone other than me paid for it.
13. Do you untie your shoes before you take them off? No, because then I'd have to bend my fat ass down to untie them. I just lever those suckers off, and throw them across the room.
14. Do you think that you are strong? Yeah, I'd say I am. I've been told what doesn't kill us makes us stronger, so I have to think I've been pretty resilient to get through all I have. I could be stronger still, but strength is still only a state of mind. Actual body strength, no. I'm a total wuss.
15. What is your favorite ice cream flavor? Chocolate. Lately, Ben and Jerry's Cherry Garcia and The Gobfather.
16. Shoe size? 8 to 8 and a half. I sometimes have to go a half-size up because I have wide feet.
17. Red or pink? Blue.
18. What is your least favorite thing about yourself? Body. ALL of it.
19. What do you miss most? My cousin, who died when I was 17, and he was 16. If I had known that I only had a short time with him, I would have made every single moment precious. I'm sorry I wasn't nicer to him, and I'm sorry I didn't tell him how much I loved him. I still miss him.
20. Do you want everyone you send this to, to send it back? No, but others are welcome to steal it like I did. Memes for everyone!
21. What color pants/shoes are you wearing? No shoes, and no pants. Hey, I just walked in from work, and off came the clothes. Sitting here in a shirt and Big Girl panties.
22. What are you listening to right now? My air conditioning and a yowling cat.
23. Last thing you ate? A granola bar. Oats and Honey.
24. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Indigo. It's the color of my eyes.
25. What is the weather like right now? Frickin' Hot. I'm not sure of the temperature, but I swear I saw water burst into flames a little while ago.
26. Last person you talked to on the phone? My best friend, OzChick.
27. The first thing you notice about the opposite sex? Eyes. Well, when I was looking at other men in a lewd manner. :)
28. Do you like the person who sent this to you? Well, Phantom didn't actually *send* it, but she put the idea out there that I should do it. Yeah, I like her. She's not all snobby like the other populars. She lets us nobodys like me sit with her at lunch, and won't let Jughead make fun of us. I'm voting for her for Prom Queen.
29. Favorite drink? Sonic's Cherry Limeade.
30. Favorite sport? I'm not an athlete, by any means, but I used to swim. It's the only sport I was ever any good at. Having the Twins give me natural buoyancy.
31. Hair color? Blond. Clairol 103. Because I'm worth it!
32. Eye color? Dark blue. They can change to grey or black, depending on clothing or mood.
33. Do you wear contacts? Nope, my eyes are too small. I wear glasses, though.
34. Favorite food? Chocolate, fresh peaches, ice cream, and fried chicken!
35. Last movie you watched? Sky High. Before that, it was Madagascar. (See a theme, here? I'm like PS -- I only get to see animated flicks.)
36. Favorite day of the year? Christmas. It's the family being together, and the feeling of goodwill that comes over people. They are more polite to each other, and we could use more of that.
37. Scary movies or happy endings? Happy endings. I'm a total romantic, so I wish for happy endings.
38. Winter or summer? Winter! If I'm cold, I can always put on another sweater. When you're frying in the South on a summer day, and you're wearing the barest minimum legal standards for clothing, there's no recourse -- you can't take your skin off.
39. Hugs or kisses? From kids, hugs! It's a total body thing. They hug your with every fiber of their being. From other adults, don't touch! From JF, kisses. :)
40. What is your favorite dessert? I'm willing to try anything at least once, but I have seasonal favorites. A friend gave me a recipe this past Christmas for these praline cookies that I *adored*. I made about 8 batches before I got tired of them. But, for regular every day, you can't go wrong with chocolate or ice cream.
41. Who is most likely to do this meme? Uh...people who haven't done it yet?
42. Who is the least likely to do this meme and comment? Dead people. It's real hard for them to get access. Apparently, the Grim Reaper is waffling on whether or not to install a T-1 line.
43. What books are you reading? Kay Hooper -- "Hunting Fear", Lynda S. Robinson -- "Murder at the Place of Anubis", and Michael Connelly -- "The Closers."
44. What's on your mouse pad? JF's employer, Pretentious Art Kollidge.
45. What did you watch on TV last night? "Monk." Only partly, though.
46. Favorite smells? Chocolate, roses, gardenias, fresh bread baking, and magnolias.
47. Favorite sound? Pachelbel's "Canon in D."
48. Rolling Stones or Beatles? The Beatles, most assuredly.
49. What's the furthest you've been from your home? Germany.
50. Do you have a special talent? I sing, I act, and I do needle arts. (Quilting, cross-stitch, and hardanger embroidery.) I also quill, which is like paper filigree.
51. What is your ring tone? Whatever came with the phone. I have a bare-bones model. Just something that I can make emergency calls on if I need to. I'm not tied to the phone.
Okay. Do you people want a DNA sample and fingerprints, too?
UPDATE: JF *swears* my eyes aren't as dark as "indigo." He says they are darker than your typical blue, but not that dark. Feh. How often is he actually *looking* at my eyes? I'm surprised he doesn't think I'm a pair of breasts with feet. Anyway, I say they're dark blue. A pox on him!