Monday, August 08, 2005

Do I really *have* to?

I start back to work tomorrow. Ugh. No, don't get me wrong -- I love what I do. I love the education process, and I love the kids. I just always hate having to give up the lazy days of summer to another year's grind of schedules and deadlines. I've decided I'm allergic to deadlines.

I do enjoy the promise of a new school year -- the bright faces coming in the door; the light bulb going off when they "get it"; the new supplies; and decorating the classroom. I just hate having to get up in the morning at dark thirty. I'm too much of a night owl.

Do I have to go? Can't I get my mom to write me a note?

6 comments:

jo(e) said...

It is hard to let go of summer. (I've still got three more weeks ....)

Phantom Scribbler said...

*Would* your mom write you a note?

KLee said...

FM -- I teach kindergarten. It's a lot of fun, so it's why I really don't mind going back.

PS -- no, sadly, my Mom *wouldn't* write a note. She was the type that made me go to school even when I was bleeding from my eyeballs.

I am always down in the dump to start school back, but once I get there, I'm so glad to be there. I'm so confused! :)

Anonymous said...

I could write you a doctor's note, but I got my Ph.D. studying bread mold, so I don't know how much good it would do.

Unknown said...

corndog, really? Could you use a 10-year-old lab assistant? I have one right here who *really* enjoyed the bread mold experiment in 4th grade.
Hang in there, KLee! And never mind that my kids don't go back until September 8th.

KLee said...

Twist the knife a little, why doncha, Songbird! Grumble, grumble....

I loved the whole bread mold experiment when I did a simple one back in about eighth grade. I think I'm reproducing the experiment stages in my refrigerator right now!