Monday, August 08, 2005

Do I really *have* to?

I start back to work tomorrow. Ugh. No, don't get me wrong -- I love what I do. I love the education process, and I love the kids. I just always hate having to give up the lazy days of summer to another year's grind of schedules and deadlines. I've decided I'm allergic to deadlines.

I do enjoy the promise of a new school year -- the bright faces coming in the door; the light bulb going off when they "get it"; the new supplies; and decorating the classroom. I just hate having to get up in the morning at dark thirty. I'm too much of a night owl.

Do I have to go? Can't I get my mom to write me a note?

7 comments:

jo(e) said...

It is hard to let go of summer. (I've still got three more weeks ....)

Friday Mom said...

This summer has gone so fast! It's hard to shift gears.

What grade do you teach?

Phantom Scribbler said...

*Would* your mom write you a note?

KLee said...

FM -- I teach kindergarten. It's a lot of fun, so it's why I really don't mind going back.

PS -- no, sadly, my Mom *wouldn't* write a note. She was the type that made me go to school even when I was bleeding from my eyeballs.

I am always down in the dump to start school back, but once I get there, I'm so glad to be there. I'm so confused! :)

corndog said...

I could write you a doctor's note, but I got my Ph.D. studying bread mold, so I don't know how much good it would do.

Songbird said...

corndog, really? Could you use a 10-year-old lab assistant? I have one right here who *really* enjoyed the bread mold experiment in 4th grade.
Hang in there, KLee! And never mind that my kids don't go back until September 8th.

KLee said...

Twist the knife a little, why doncha, Songbird! Grumble, grumble....

I loved the whole bread mold experiment when I did a simple one back in about eighth grade. I think I'm reproducing the experiment stages in my refrigerator right now!