Friday, July 29, 2005

Okay, so you talked me into it....

Thanks to some arm-twisting from the wonderful people over at Phantom Scribbler's, I decided to just wade right into this whole blogging thing. I have a lot of reservations, simply because I don't think that there's very much that I have to say that people will bother to stop by for.

As of July, 2005, when I begin this blog, I'm 34. Married. Have one daughter -- the Offspring. She is unlikely to be joined by more Offspring. (Namely, because I apparently promised my husband, the Juggling Freak, on the delivery table that he'd get to name the next child.) He insists that we have another girl-child, and name her Daphne. So, as you can all see, we won't be having any more. Not that Daphne is a bad name, per se, it's just that I figure that I won't be able to afford college *and* therapy costs by that time.

I teach kindergarten. I live in the Southern coastal US, in HumidityLikeABrickWall. I won't be any more specific than that, simply because I have relatives who will more than likely kill me if they ever see their names (and/or doppelgangers) here.

I am not a writer. I majored in English in college, but that was mainly because I consume books at a rather unhealthy rate. I read everything I can get a hold of, but am particularly fond of mysteries. I won't bother you with favorite writers right now.

I chose the title "Reluctant Prophet" because I thought that it summed up my reticence at entering the blogosphere. With all of the blogs I've seen recently, I am impressed how much people can reveal while still retaining the aura of mystery about themselves. It's like a beautiful woman, dressed in white linen in the summertime -- she reveals just enough that it makes you crave more.

I will endeavor to be like that woman -- leave you wanting a little bit more, without revealing too much in the process.

I will leave you with a warning, though...I'm not very good about posting every day. I will do my best to try and keep updating. Please remember that I'm new at this, and that I bruise easily.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome aboard! Since I'm pretty sure I was the first one over at Phantom's to whine about you not having a blog, it's only appropriate that I'm the first to comment. I know I shouldn't laugh at other's misfortunes, but your Mount Washeteria riff made my sides ache. Thanks for that. And I hope you've had some better days since then.

KLee said...

Thanks, Corndog. Yes, you were first in a line of people who told me I should hush and stop hogging other people's blog space!:)

No need to worry about laughing at the misfortunes of others -- sometimes you HAVE to, otherwise insanity takes over.

Mount Washeteria would not have been such a high altitude climb if I actually did the laundry more often than "I no longer have any clean underwear."

I'm glad that you enjoyed my pain, you evil person, you! It's not so bad in retrospect. At least, that's my story, and I'm stickin' to it!

Phantom Scribbler said...

Hooray! Another blogger moves into the neighborhood! I'm so glad!

One note: don't worry about posting every day. Post at whatever pace works for you. Hell, Corndog only posts once a week, and always leaves us clamoring for more.

Scrivener said...

Welcome to the blogosphere!

Running2Ks said...

Welcome! You will be a fun read. Reveal a little, keep the mystery--just like old-school dancers :)

KLee said...

Thanks to all for the effusive welcomes. I have some very tough role models to follow in the wake of. You have all set such high standards that I can only hope, like Phantom's LG, to imitate. (I somehow think LG's "Wild and Crazy Guy" shtick will attract more accolades, but I shall give it the old college try.)

purple_kangaroo said...

Oh, my, you lied. You can write, and very well at that. I look forward to reading more from you.

Congrats on the new blog! And thanks for stopping by mine.

KLee said...

P_K accused me of lying! How wrong is that?! And, on my brand new blog, too! Check my nose, and see if I'm bleeding, folks, 'cause I just got tagged!

Man, don't pull the punches, Kanga! Tell me how you *really* feel! (I'll excuse you because I know you're 93 weeks pregnant, and that's bound to make anyone a mite testy.)

No, I don't write. Not in any capacity before this. I mean, there are Usenet groups I participate in, but that's not on the same level. I dabble. I'm certainly not in the league of most of the blogs I've read recently. It's enough to give a girl a complex!

Liz Miller said...

Welcome! So glad to see you here. Linking to you ASAP.

halloweenlover said...

Hurray! Congrats on the new blog!

KLee said...

Liz and halloweenlover both wrote in! Yay, me! I'm grateful for all who are linking. I'm so glad both of you (all of you, actually) stopped by.

Any comments or helpful hints from all you BloggersExtrordinaire?

purple_kangaroo said...

Yeah, I've been snarky for about 2 months now. Yap, yap, grrr, snap!

Unknown said...

Wow, I leave town for a few days, and I come back to find you are a Winning Whiner and a Freshly Coined Blogger?
I hope you will enjoy this as much as I have!

KLee said...

Songbird, see what happens when you go on vacation! In a way, I blame you. :) If you hadn't left me, these blogging broads wouldn't have encouraged my whining, and you'd have warned them that I Must Be Stopped. So, you left me without your guiding influence, and look where that got us! :)

Seriously, though...thanks for visiting, and let me know what you think, and often.

(Apologies to all the Blogging Broads out there!)

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new blog, KLee! I'd say you're off to a fine start. And I can't believe how quickly you got the hang of the Wednesday Whine on Phantom Scribbler's blog (your entry was very good, BTW, and yet another reminder why, someday soon, I need to get a Monitor Mate for my computer screen).

P.S.
Coke through the nose hurts, damn you! :)

La Binsk

KLee said...

La Binsk finally arrived! (Late to the party, though....note to self - buy Binskie a watch for Christmas!) :)

Glad to see you checked things out. Binsk. I hope I keep things interesting enough that you'll return.

I'm sorry that you got the Coke-nose thing. I was right there with you when Corndog announced that it was "Wednesday Whine: Come for the pathos, stay for the nipples." I like to have died.

So, I have the feeling that we'll both need to be stocking up on the Monitor Mate. (And, we need to bug Songbird to share some of those silly cookies!)

Anonymous said...

KLee, I'm so glad to see you've started your own blog! Now I know where to go when I need a good dose of your wit and humor!

Maybe I'll be inspired to start my own blog one of these days, in my spare time (yeah, right!). In the meantime, I'm happy to add you to my list of favorites!

Kindergarten teacher? You *are* a saint! ;-)