Friday, May 23, 2008

The Verdict

Opening night went pretty well, except for me flubbing an entrance. One of the other cast members, however, knocked over what is supposed to be a stationary urn. I figure my flubbed entrance did no damage to the actual set, so I should be grateful that I wasn't MORE embarrassed because it could have been a lot worse.

Did pretty good in the dance that I generally screw up, so it was a give-and-take sort of thing.

Glued my left eye shut with false eyelash glue and that burned like a son of a gun, and I had to redo the makeup on that side of my face.

Didn't fall over, didn't hurt myself, and didn't step on either of my dance partner's toes, so it wasn't too hideous.

Offspring and Juggling Freak came, which was nice. My mother and a couple visiting from England (friends of the family) may come sometime this weekend, so that will be nice.

Now, we're one down, twelve more performances to go. I'm tired, and probably will be for the next three weeks or so....

8 comments:

halloweenlover said...

Congratulations! I wish I was close enough to come! It'd be fun to see you! I'm sure you're fantastic!

kathy a. said...

hooray! i'd love to see photos -- used to do costumes for various plays and events, and enjoy that side of it.

Miche said...

Sounds like a good time all around! (Well, except for gluing your eye shut.)

Enjoy the enjoyable parts and I hope you get some rest in there somewhere!

Fortune Cookies said...

did i read a couple of things right? 1. phasing out? 2. glued eye shut with eyelash glue?
Haven't been around in a while, so I've had to read back a bit to catch up, sad day indeed if you are taking your blog away from the blogosphere!

Jenevieve said...

Yay for a (mostly) successful 1st night!

ccw said...

So glad to hear it went well (as if there was ever any doubt).

I'm an awful friend but I laughed (then felt really, really bad) about the eyelash. I've never tried to put false ones on and this convinces me it should stay that way.

Karyn said...

You're a star!

...with glue on her eye...? How does that happen?

purple_kangaroo said...

I wish I could have come to see it. I'm sure you were wonderful.

((hugs))