Monday, October 15, 2007

Stuff, In General



As I said in the last post, forgive my recent silence. I was sick, out of town, and am attempting to celebrate my birthday today. I say "attempting" because the number 37 is really making me feel old. Really, really old. I know it's all in my head, but I'm not loving being 37 so far.

Of course, the alternative is MUCH worse. I'll take 37 over the Great Dirt Nap any day. So, I've settled for telling everyone today that I am three days older than the sand in Jesus' shoes . It gets the point across. :)

As for the wedding -- let's just say that it was beautiful, and I'm glad I got to see my family, but there are damn good reasons that we live so flippin' far away.

Above, Offspring got a chance to do some homework in the very little downtime we had.



The happy couple chose an autumnal theme, and had a Tim Burton-inspired wedding cake. Pretty cool, even if I don't care for Tim Burton movies....


I did get a chance to hang out with my brother, who is, as you can all see from the picture above (click to embiggen) is not exactly what one would call *normal.* I told him that this picture was getting plastered on the Internet, and by God -- I'm living up to my promise.

I also threatened to give a framed copy of this to his girlfriend for Christmas. My brother is a nut, and it was great to see him. Unfortunately, he lives a good four hours away, and occasions like these are the main way we are able to get together anymore. I'll see him next at Thanksgiving.

Right now, I'm off like a prom dress. The fam is taking me out to dinner for my birthday.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Snickering at "the Great Dirt Nap!"

Anonymous said...

Hooray! Happy Birthday, KLee!

I agree with anne - "Great Dirt Nap" made me laugh. Around here we call it "The Big Sleep." (It's from an episode of Ren and Stimpy, when Ren gets tossed in the pound.)

Also, your brother? Real keeper, that man. ;)

ccw said...

Happy Birthday!

Sorry I missed you when I called, I completely forgot about the wedding. That cake is spectacular.

I love your brother!

Miche said...

Happy, happy!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, lady.