Thursday, January 11, 2007

And Yet Another Meme

As seen at the still-gorgeous, even while sick Karyn's, I give you yet another meme.

-------------------

1. The phone rings. Who are you hoping it is?

My father, with an update on his recent hospital tests and hopefully, the results.

2. When shopping at the grocery store, do you return your cart?

No. That's Offspring's job. She hates it when I don't let her return the cart.

3. In a social setting, are you more of a talker or a listener?

I listen at first, but once I feel comfortable, I've been known to throw my opinion into the mix.

4. If abandoned alone in the wilderness, would you survive?

Only if I'm abandoned near a fully-stocked cabin that I happen to run across. Otherwise, I'm lunch for some bear. And maybe dinner, too.

5. Do you like to ride horses?

No. Not since I grew bosoms. The last time I rode, I whanged myself in the noggin with my own breasts. That stopped the riding cold.

6. Did you ever go to camp as a kid?

Yeah. I went to both week-long camps, and once for a whole summer.

7. What was your favorite board game as a kid?

As a young kid, probably something like Clue. As an 'older kid' - high school age, Trivial Pursuit. Or Pictionary.

8. If a sexy person was pursuing you, but you knew he/she was taken what would you do?

First, I would check to see that they had the right person. Then, I'd think it was a joke of some sort, and if/when I determined that it wasn't some sort of in-bad-taste prank, I would tell them that I'm happily married, and I don't need anyone else, but thanks for the ego-boost.

9. Are you judgmental?

I try very hard not to be. I feel that I am more judgmental of actions than of people. I don't focus on race, sex, religion, or creed, but I sometimes get offended in conversation where no offense is meant. I often read more subtext into things than is really there.

10. Would you date someone with different religious beliefs?

Yes, and have. Am married to someone with very different beliefs, and it's going pretty well, thank you for asking.

11. Are you continuing your education?

No, but I need to. I do take continuing ed classes for my recertification, but I need to go back to school full time. I just don't have the resources to do that at this time.

12. Do you know how to shoot a gun?

No, and I don't particularly want to. I don't like guns. I have an innate fear of them. I've been held at gunpoint before, and I've never really gotten over either instance. I have the horrible fear that I will die by gun violence.

13. If your house was on fire, what's the first thing you'd grab?

After making sure that my family was out safely, our cat. Then, if we're all safe, the baby pictures and wedding albums.

14. How often do you read books?

As much as possible. Sometimes instead of sleeping. And, I REALLY like to sleep.

15. Do you think more about the past, present or future?

I don't live in the past, but I do keep a summer home there. I try not to belabor the past, but I tend to forget a lot of the "bad parts" and romanticize it a bit. I need to live more in the here and now.

16. What is your favorite children's book?

For young kids, things like "Click, Clack, Moo: Cows That Type" and "Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs". For older kids, anything in the "Harry Potter" series, and my favorite growing up was "The Secret Garden." I recently read a "tween novel", "13 Little Blue Envelopes," which I enjoyed a great deal.

17. How tall are you?

Six feet. That was the verdict at the doctor's the last time I was officially measured, but the husband is six feet as well, and I'm very slightly shorter.

18. Where is your ideal house located?

It's an ivy-covered mansion in London. Or a secret apartment in Cinderella Castle at Disney World. Or a permanent (and FREE) suite at the Grand Floridian Resort at Disney World.....

19. Last person you talked to?

Juggling Freak.

21. When was the last time you were at Olive Garden?

The day after Christmas. We had to spend that gift card from my parents!

22. What are your keys on your key chain for?

My car, JF's car, the house, my classroom, my mother's house, a door key to the place where my Girl Scouts meet, and one to the cash box that we take out to cookie sales.

23. What did you do last night?

Cooked dinner, ate dinner, washed dishes. Got Offspring ready for bed, read her some more from "Diary of a Young Girl" by Anne Frank for her Social Science Fair Project, and got her in bed. Packed lunch boxes, attempted to post over at Phantom's (off and on for about 3 hours), and got ready for bed. Read until 12:30, and finally went to bed because I knew that the alarm would ring early, and I would be hating myself in the morning for staying up late.

24. Where is your current pain at?

She's in her bedroom. Oh -- wait....you mean *actual* pain.....In the foot with plantar's fasciitis.

25. Do you like mustard?

Regular mustard, no. Honey mustard, yes.

26. Do you like your mom or dad?

I love them both. Didn't always LIKE them, but I always loved them.

27. How long does it take you in the shower?

Right about seven minutes. I'm a wash and get-the-heck-outta-Dodge kind of gal. It helps having very short hair.

28. What movie do you want to see right now?

Nothing too much. Am eagerly awaiting "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix."

29. Do you put lotion on your dog or cats?

Don't own a dog, and I could never conceive of a time where putting lotion on my cat might work out well for any of us.

30. What did you do for New Year's?

Ate dinner out with my family, went home, and watched TV together.

31. Do you think The Grudge was scary?

Didn't watch it. Didn't care to.

32. Do you own a camera phone?

No.

33. What's the last letter of your middle name?

N

34. Who did you vote for on American Idol?

I didn't watch any of the various incarnations of American Idol.

----------------------

You are all welcome to appropriate this meme for your own amusement, should you wish. Props to Karyn for stealing it in the first place!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great meme! Love the answers!

I've heard orthotics work to help alleviate / prevent plantar's faciitis. I've you've got a lot of cash you don't mind dropping on them!

Karyn said...

Bless your heart for not saying I look like creeping death. Which, I assure you, I do.

Let me clarify something.
I know how to shoot a gun because I was taught how; I shot cans and targets. That's all. I don't own one and I don't want to. They scare me.

You...in the head with...your own... oh dear. I'm sorry - that made me laugh - it isn't funny - I know it - I am sure if such a thing could happen, it'd happen to me too...I got ta-ta's til Tuesday.

I loved 13 Blue Envelopes! I took it out of the library - not realising it was a Tween book. DER. But I loved it anyway.

Hugs to you -

ccw said...

I like this meme, I will have to do this one.

I keep my negatives and back ups of pictures at the bank. After my family and the animals the pictures are the one thing I would truly miss.

Held at gunpoint?? Sorry

We are the same person, Clue was my absolute most favoritest game. I still love to play.

purple_kangaroo said...

I like this meme. You always throw such an interesting twist into things like this.