Since I'm low on blog fodder, I decided to let you know what's going on here at Chez KLee via the ever-popular bullets.
* My darling daughter just recieved an award for being the second child in her whole school this year to win a medal for reading. I'm so proud of her! She also got her first middle-of-term grade report, and all her grades were good. She's been doing so well.
* My right foot has been bothering me lately -- well, since last spring, really. I started walking a mile back in April or May, trying to get ready for all the major walking we do at Disney World. While walking, I started getting a sore right foot. It wouldn't bother me so much while I walked, but afterward: oh, the pain! Flash forward to the present: the foot still hurts, but only every now and then, and usually after a long day on my feet, or right upon getting up. Dr. Google (even though Karyn thinks he's an asshat) diagnoses me with plantar fasciitis. The kicker about it is that it's common in overweight people, but you can't walk for exercise because it exacerbates the condition. I broke down and had to buy orthopedic shoes. Fun, no?
* I'm anticipating cooler weather so much! I'm tired of being sweaty, and I'm tired of washing funky laundry. If I didn't sweat so much, the laundry wouldn't be so funky.
* I bought a bunch of new rubber stamps, and I am looking forward to their arrival so I can create some new cards and scrapbook pages. Those projects will probably feature heavily in my box/gift for Andrea's Winter Holiday Gift Exchange. I'll be stampin' like a madwoman! If I have your address, watch out -- you may be getting a card from me!
* JF is really excited -- he's potentially found a juggling buddy! Said friend will be teaching him to pass clubs, so he's really into the whole idea of having a partner, since I am hopelessly inept at juggling. (I'm lucky that I can walk a straight line most days.) He also found this video of the juggling guy that he's so in awe of, and has been torturing me with it for the last couple of days.
* School is going fairly well, but it's hard to believe that we've been in class a whole month now. We're on the start of week five, and already they've learned a lot. We have some challenges ahead, but it's nothing we can't overcome with hard work.
Well, that's pretty much all that's happening here. Excitement abounds, right? Oh, well. We can't all have cute kids who charm the pants off people everywhere and utter bloggable posts every time they blink! I'd never get anything done!