Friday, August 11, 2006

Trip, Trap, Trolling?

It has been pointed out to me by my lovely husband that my last post smacked mightily of trolling for compliments. Or, at the very least, he had a great time teasing me that this was the case. I swear it wasn't so, I really just didn't like the hat picture. So, this being my blog, I chose to post a more flattering picture. If I had wanted to troll for compliments, I would have posted either the Glamour Shots I had done 15 years ago (even with Big 80's hair, I still like those) or my wedding portrait. Those are truly the only pictures of me that I think, "You know, I look really nice in that one."

Or, I could have gone the more humorous route and posted the picture Offspring drew of the family back in her toddler/preschool days where she and Daddy are tiny little child-people, and I am skyscraper sized. Or, I could have *really* gone for the AW! factor and posted a childhood picture of myself, complete with a head full of platinum curls. I may have to do that anyway, for a Monday Memories post.

When it all comes down to it, I wasn't fishing for compliments. I get enough sympathy and good-natured consolation from participating in Phantom's Wednesday Whine. Catharsis may be good for the soul, but hideous pictures aren't.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Pleeeeeeese post the big 80s hair glamour shots!! I LOVE Glamour shots...

Old Lady said...

Hmmmmm!

jo(e) said...

Hey, tell your lovely husband that if you HAD been trolling for compliments (I don't actually think you were), that the right thing for him to do would have not been to tease you about it, but give you a bunch of compliments.

I love it when people post flattering photos on their blogs.