The Numbers Meme
Ten Years Ago
I had been married for almost four years, and I was probably at home, sleeping or nursing a six-month old Offspring.
Five Years Ago
Offspring was starting kindergarten and I was working as a substitute teacher. I took a long term PreK assignment, and ended up teaching PreK students for about 10 weeks. It was a blast, and Offspring was right across the hall, so I got to see her all the time.
One Year Ago
I had just been transferred back to my school after an awful year spent at a preppy, country-clubby school. I was so happy to be home, I just couldn’t tell you.
Five Songs I Know All the Words to
1. “American Pie” by Don MacLean
2. “Tainted Love” by Soft Cell
3. “Grendel” by Marillion (it’s an 18 minute-long song!)
4. “New Religion” by Duran Duran
5. “The Saga Begins” by Weird Al Yankovic (the Star Wars-themed parody of “American Pie.”)
(Speaking of Weird Al, I found this little video of an original song he did about horoscopes. The song’s absolutely hilarious, and the video here makes me smile.)
Five Snacks I Love and Wish I Could Eat
1. biscuits from Popeye’s.
2. the stuffed French Toast at Cinderella’s Royal Table in the
3. oven roasted carrots with butter.
4. the Yankee Pot Roast at the
5. the praline cookies that I got from a coworker one year. I made them as gifts for people the next Christmas, and they were so popular and addictive, we termed them “Christmas Crack.”
Five Places I’d Run Away to
2. Disney World
5. My own private Hawaiian island (for the lush vegetation and crystal-clear water.)
Five Favorite TV Shows (current or vintage)
1. “Homicide: Life on the Street”
Five Things I’d Never Wear
1. a thong! I spend all day trying to get my undies *out* of there!
2. leg warmers (What were we thinking?)
3. Daisy Duke shorts. These only look good on broom handles.
4. midriff-baring shirts. Too much flab for that.
Five Favorite Toys
1. my computers. All six of them.
2. my husband. (Insert your own innuendo here.)
3. TiVo Couldn’t live without it!
4. Puzzle Pirates. (I’m hopelessly addicted.)
5. my sewing kit