It's been so long since I've done a meme, so I think I'll follow Halloweenlover's suggestion and do this meme, which made the rounds a while back. Some of my categories are different from hers, though.
The Seven Things Meme
Seven Things I Want to Do Before I Die:
1) Visit Europe again.
2) See my daughter grown up.
3) Hold my grandchild in my arms. Kiss his or her soft, silky head, and fall in love with him or her.
4) Wear a size 12.
5) Take a cruise.
6) Go back to school.
7) Go parachuting.
Seven Things That I Can Do:
1) Textile/Sewing Arts. I love 'em all, from cross-stitch to quilting.
2) Make handmade paper items, from cards to quilled sculpture. People at work are starting to commission cards and paper art from me. It's really very flattering.
3) Sing. I've done musical theater for years (though not recently.) I'm way out of practice, though.
4) Put my right foot in my right hand and extend my right leg upward in a sort of "ballet" stretch pose. Pretty limber for a fat chick!
5) Do Elizabethan Blackwork embroidery. (It's a long story. I'll explain one day.)
6) Make my own soap and candles. (That goes with the blackwork story.)
7) Read everything I can get my hands on!
Seven Things I Cannot Do:
1) Eat seafood. Allergic.
2) Wear or own anything orange. It's just plain WRONG!
3) Read music. I sing by ear.
4) Play an instrument, though I dearly wish I could.
5) Ride as a passenger in any moving vehicle without massive doses of anti-nausea meds. I get queasy watching my daughter play video games.
6) Stop compulsively buying books.
7) Do that thing with my tongue where you roll it into a U shape. (Both JF and Offspring can do it, and they tease me endlessly about it. Meanies.)
Seven Things I Say Most Often:
1) "I love you!" (To JF, Offspring, and my family)
2) "That's not how you get my attention!" (at school)
3) "Zip lips, or move clips!" (Also a school thing!)
4) "What should I make for dinner?" (Usually followed by: "No! Not spaghetti again!" to my daughter.)
5) "Sit on your bottoms, and tummies to the tables!"
6) "What time is it?" (for when my family has to roust me out of bed on the weekends.)
7) "The first thing on your paper is your name!"
My Seven Favorite Books: (or book series)
1) The Lord Meren Mysteries by Lynda S. Robinson
2) Anything about the Tudor Dynasty
3) Aaron Elkins' 'Gideon Oliver/Skeleton Detective' books
4) Sue Grafton's Alphabet series
5) The Harry Potter series
6) Kathy Reichs' novels
7) virtually anything about archaeology, crime, or mystery. Or, all three!
Seven People I Would Most Like to Meet: (living or dead)
1) Elizabeth Tudor
2) King Henry the Eighth
3) Hildegard of Bingen
4) any of my favorite authors
5) Sean Connery! (oooohhh! I *drool* over this man!)
6) George Washington (who would pass up a chance to talk with our first President?)
7) Benjamin Franklin (he seems like he would have been a lot of fun.)
Seven DVDs or Movies I Could Watch Over and Over:
1) "Blackadder" (preferably the Elizabethan years, if I had to pick one incarnation)
2) "Better Off Dead." (Gee, Ricky. I'm sorry your mom blew up." "Do you have Christmas in France?" Love it.)
3) "Highlander" (with the utterly scrummy Sean Connery and a KILLER soundtrack by Queen.)
4) "A Fish Called Wanda" (or, really anything by the Pythons)
5) "Yellowbeard" (has the double whammy of being a movie both with Pythons *AND* pirates!)
6) "Love Actually." (have TiVoed this several times, and I STILL cry, every freaking time.)
7) "The Private Eyes" (an older comedy with Don Knotts and Tim Conway, and is hilarious with every viewing.)
So. That's a little more about me. :)