Friday, November 18, 2005

Holiday Exchange Bonanza!

Andrea over at Beanie Baby, and her cohort, Marla, have arranged this Holiday Gift Swap -- it's really pretty darn cool. We are to have our names randomly selected by the ever-precious Frances to be paired up with a "Secret Gift Buddy." Our Gift Buddy will fill up a shoebox with little knicknacks and other selected bits of wonderfulness which will then be sent out to the recipient. We all get to document our shoebox's progress, for later blogging purposes.

To start things off, here's Marla's handy-dandy questionnaire, so that our participants can get to know each other a bit better. All of my answers to the questions are in bold.


If I could get away with it, I'd steal Corndog's sense of humor, because damn it, it should be mine.

I sometimes buy “Bored Housewife” magazine, because I obviously am not doing something right. My house isn't clean enough, and I can't whip up a gourmet meal from flour, water, Karo syrup, and sixteen pieces of dry macaroni.


If you came over to my house to play and broke my blue crayon, I'd be a little bit mad at you forever.

The colour olive green should only be used in fungal remedy packaging or if human waste were to be redesigned.

The colour royal blue makes my heart feel like it is full of happy kittens frolicking in a sunny, grassy meadow.

Both the color orange and rap music make me break out in gooberous pustules. They should both be banned substances, and registered with the government as hazardous.

I might get sick or die if I touch or ingest seafood, or look at myself in pantyhose.

George Bush’s foreign policy gives me the heebie jeebies and I might need to seek therapy if I even think about it further.

I love the feel of fleece/cotton/flannel so much I have a primitive urge to stick some down my pants. And I have, but don't tell anyone, okay?!

No one should have to watch me eat anything remotely made of chocolate because really if I were eating some in private, I'd be quite a pig about it.

I would rather chew tinfoil and shave my head with a cheese grater than eat tripe, brains, pig’s feet, or snails.

I do follow recipes because I’m a fat girl, and we fat girls love to eat, doncha know.

For Marla, "White Shoulders" perfume will always smell like her laid-out dead grandmother. I feel that way about cigarette smoke and patchouli. Together *OR* separate.

If I could, I'd perfume my own farts and those of my loved ones with the scent of roses.

I have TOO MUCH crafting stuff and not enough crafting stuff. Or enough room to store all aforementioned crafting stuff.

Gadgets are for lazy people like me!

When people have kind, sweet and nice things about me, they're usually talking about someone else with the same name.

I can't be upset if people dis me about being moody, because it's true.

If I could have any talent in the world, I'd choose to have the ones God already gave me and use it to the best of my ability to help and enrich other people.


You are given an hour and twenty dollars to spend in one of these places, childfree. Choose one, or write your own: (I wrote my own...)

In a bookstore, reading wonderful books. The twenty wouldn’t buy very many these days, but it’s a start.


And here's the last chance to make sure that you're not going to get a "Jelly of the Month" club membership when you're expecting your bonus for a swimming pool:

It is important to me that the items chosen for me are things you would like getting yourself.


And

If I could suggest that you read only one post from my archives, this would be it: “Blogging the Alphabet.”

And

If I were to name the Holiday of my choice for this exchange, it would be: Christmas. I respect all other religions, and even the more modest “Holiday greetings.” Whatever you feel comfortable with, really. I love Christmas pins and earrings, and Santas and snowmen. I’m just a big kid at heart.

-------------------------

I love stuff like this! I can't wait to get started!


Edited to add: I forgot to add the "and whatever else you want us to know about you" part at the end. Mea culpa.

In addition to my very unhealthy crafting fetish (Andrea and I aren't really interested in joining a self-help group for this addiction, so no interventions, please...), I also love to read, and I love all different sorts of music. I love Christmas ornaments. I collect penguins -- stuffed ones, figurines, earrings...anything with penguins on it. I love U2, and and supremely cheesed off that they a) didn't come anywhere close enough that I could easily get to, and b) and that I couldn't have afforded it even if they had come close to me. Ditto for Duran Duran. I'm pretty easy to please, really.

10 comments:

Running2Ks said...

KLee, I know. I had to do the questionnaire right away. Marla's stuff just made me spit take--so funny. I'm glad Andrea is doing this.

I love---love---love your answers :)

Anonymous said...

love your answers!

Anonymous said...

Hey! I am NOT an addict!

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to catch up on my scrapbooking.

KLee said...

My point exactly. I just bought over a hundred dollars worth of stamps and stamp accessories, but I wouldn't say that I have a *problem.* The only problem was actually narrowing down which stamps to get.

Anonymous said...

Why would you want to steal my sense of humor when you've got a perfectly good one of your own? In a related development, I'll be sending you a bill for the removal of coffee and cinnamon roll fragments from my laptop keyboard for all the times you've made me spit-take and spew from laughing at your stuff.

Anonymous said...

LOL

There's a small stamp company I love called ... The Old Island Stamp Company, I think. They're on Vancouver Island here in Canada and every year they go to the OOAKS, and I CAN'T WAIT to go (next MOnday) because I CAN'T WAIT to check out their new catalogue.

I'll dig out a link, becaues I know you will love it as much as I do.

Anonymous said...

I hope you don't have links disabled.

Here's the main page: http://www.saltspring.com/oldisland/

Here's the catalogue: http://www.saltspring.com/oldisland/catalogue/On-Line%20Catalogue%20Index.htm

And here are some of my favourites:

I got this one at the OOAKS last year: http://www.saltspring.com/oldisland/catalogue/Stamp%20pages/500%20Raindeer.htm

I got this one last year for Frances's b/day party invitations:
http://www.saltspring.com/oldisland/catalogue/Stamp%20pages/536%20Ms.%20Fairy.htm

They have a lot of whimsical ones as well as some of the more realistic ones:

http://www.saltspring.com/oldisland/catalogue/Stamp%20pages/585%20Classic%20bookplace.htm
http://www.saltspring.com/oldisland/catalogue/Stamp%20pages/589%20Lily%20of%20the%20Valley.htm
http://www.saltspring.com/oldisland/catalogue/Stamp%20pages/209%20Squirrel.htm

I have this one, too--
http://www.saltspring.com/oldisland/catalogue/Stamp%20pages/542%20Framed%20blooms.htm

Something new to obssess over.

ccw said...

These answers are fabulous! I think you have a wonderful sense of humor.

KLee said...

Pooh! Andrea -- the links weren't clickable, and I can't get them to come up. Try and email them to me...I'd love to see them. I just bought a whole bunch of stuff from Stampin' Up! I'll see if I can find you some pictures of things I got...

This is a set I had to have for christmas cards and stuff:
http://makeashorterlink.com/?H1772123C

This set was one I already owned, but I love it, too:
http://makeashorterlink.com/?Q1975223C

This is one I'll use for school projects and school scrapbooks, and maybe for Girl Scouts:
http://makeashorterlink.com/?C3C72223C

There's another set that I can't find in the main catalogue, and an alphabet that I got as well.

See -- it's nothing like an addiction! Right? RIGHT?

PantyhoseGirl said...

I must say I really enjoyed reading your blog. I have a pantyhose foot story blog with hot erotic stories and pictures related to pantyhose and foot fetish. Take a look at Pantyhosed Feet Gallery Viewer